Friday, June 15, 2012

Custom made


Mr. Hud is 5 months old today! It's also been a week since surgery! I can't believe I'm a mom to a 5 month old! I can't believe I'm a mom PERIOD! Being a mom has opened a whole new door of emotions and feelings. Some not so good but a whole lot of great ones! Hudson is so stinking cute I just can't stand it! I have never seen anything more amazing than this kid. He lights up my life.

Month 5 for Hudson has brought HUGE changes as I know you've all SEEN. Hudson's custom made smile was completed last saturday after (of course) 5 months of preparation! There is no other word I can describe him with other than trooper! He is a trooper! He's been so strong and so tough through it all! He has endured countless NAM placements, he's been poked and prodded, gagged, cut up and put back together again. And still I have seen more smiles on that kid's face than all the other babies put together. I am so very proud of him. I know he wont remember all this but I will! And I think so much more of him because of it.

We have had some bad nights and days this week. He must have just been so hungry on saturday that he didn't notice his NAM was missing so he didn't notice he couldn't eat. Well Sunday he figured it out and so he's been having a hard time eating. Nothing is more frustrating that watching him struggle to eat. It's so sad and I wish I could just do it for him. And the past 2 nights ago have been no good to him. He has a stint in his left nostril that has been clogged with blood clots and he's having a hard time breathing out of his nose which wake him up multiple times in the night. And I don't blame him! I have had allergies as long as I can remember and nothing makes me more mad than going to bed with a stuffed up nose! Well Thursday I finally got down to business and while he was sleeping cleaned out his nose. It wasn't easy and it made for a crappy nap. But I did it! And he's been doing a lot better! It will be a happy day when I don't have to worry about NAMs, stints and stitches. What's it like to have a normal baby anyway?

He is looking so good! The glue over his stitches still has not come off yet and I can't wait for it to! Then I can get a good look at Dr. Beals' work! He is an artist for all I know! Hudson's nose looks almost perfect! He's been so spoiled this week since he had surgery but I figured it's ok. I've been rocking him to sleep every night and for every nap. I'm sure I'll regret it later... It's a bad habit to break.

I can't believe how active Hudson is getting. It is so much fun but I just can't keep up with him! He needs to move onto something new every 10 minutes. Tummy time is no longer an issue. I'll lay him on his back and he instantly rolls over to play. And keep your smart phones hidden! Smart phones only! If he sees one he is determined to get it into his hands! I swear he'll jump right out of my arms sometimes! He is obsessed with them and I don't even know why! He's going to be one of those technology nerds. This kid knows what he wants! The day he learns how to crawl will be a fun one...

I love that I get to stay home with this guy everyday. It has been so much fun to watch him grow! I just can't believe how big he is now. Everyone is right, you forget how little they were. I wish I could put a new born Hudson next to the 5 month old Hudson and compare them! Wouldn't that be fun!? I just can't get enough of him. I want to squeeze and kiss him all day long!! We have been so blessed to have him in our lives and we are so so lucky to have this sweet little boy!

"how you doin'?"

Long toes! Compliments from mom AND dad.

3 days after surgery

Love that smile!!

6 days after surgery


Such a goof!

No comments:

Post a Comment